Google+ Followers

Followers

Thursday, August 30, 2018

It has been a while

Wow I haven't posted since June where has the time gone. I am now into Christmas card mode and will share a few I have finished. My latest obsession at the moment is foiling. I use a GoPress and Foil machine and a laminator. This first card I foiled using the GoPress and an embossing folder.
The next one I stamped my image and then scanned it so I could print it on a Laser printer. The toner of the Laser printer is necessary for foiling with a laminator.
There are loads of You Tube videos on how to foil so I won't bore you with the details. Most of the projects I have done is from watching and learning from these videos.
Well thanks for visiting
hugs adie

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Wedding season

Wedding season is happening. I have made 3 wedding cards for friends. My favourite wedding image is "Wedding Couple" by Stamps by AurorwaWings. I have printed the images onto vellum and coloured them with Polychromos pencils. The dies I have used are from Spellbinders. Roses are made from CheeryLyn dies .

I am entering the 

Mid-Challenge Inspiration Post for Challenge #67

thanks for visiting
hugs adie

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Stamping with VersaMark Embossing ink

I must thank Jennifer McGuire for showing this technique.
I have used Altenew's Peony Bouquet stamp set. I stamped the detailed layer with VersaMark onto  Blue cardstock and then dusted some Perfect Pearls powder over the image. I then used the VersaMark ink to stamp the next layer which then takes away some of the powder and leaves an almost ghost shadow. To complete the stamping I used a dark blue ink to stamp the final layer. I repeated this process with the leaves and must say for a first time try it came out really well.
Thanks so much for visiting
hugs adie

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Box of Tags

I love the inspiration you can get from You Tube. This gift box which holds 12 gift tags is from a You Tube video by Anns Happy Stampers Large Gift Box For Matching Gift Tags Using Swirly Snowflakes. This gift box and the tags were made from the DCWV Black Currant Stack. I have used Spellbinders and Stampin Up Nesting dies for the tags. Hope you like this very easy project.

Thanks for visiting
hugs adie

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Oxide Distress Inks

My new favourite product is the Tim Holz Oxide Distress inks. They work so great on watercolour papers but I have found them to work really well on Vellum/Parchment paper as well. Here is a really quick card I made trying the inks out. The background watercolour card has been embossed and then wet and smooshed over the inks on an acrylic block. The stamped image was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and then sponged with distress inks and the peacock coloured with gel pens.
I am entering this card in the
thanks for visiting
hugs adie

Thursday, July 6, 2017

3D Pop Up Box Frame

Nothing like cleaning and de-cluttering to find stuff you accumulated more than 20 years ago. I found a pack of templates I had bought which I thought would make great 3D type cards. Well I put them away and only just found them and for the life of me cannot remember what I am supposed to do with them. So because I love puzzles I eventually worked it out. I used some bits and pieces I had already die cut and put aside for use later. The main die is from the Detailed Floral Thinlits (Stampin Up) and the Rose is from the Stampin Up Rose Garden Thinlits. Glitter is from Elizabeth Crafts and gold Congratulations peel off from my stash. I attached the rose & background die with d/s adhesive paper and added the glitter. The large die is on acetate in the inside of the card and the rose sits on the front of the card. Not very easy to see the 3D effect but it is there lol.
thanks for visiting.
hugs Adie

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Magical Mermaid stamped on Parchment

This stamp set is in the new Stampin Up catalogue and at the moment is my favourite. My youngest daughter is obsessed with mermaids so this was perfect for her birthday card. I stamped the mermaid with White Stazon ink. Coloured her with Stardust gel pens and did some light embossing on her tail. There was not enough sparkle so I used Pergamano Sticky Ink on her tail and added some glitter, yes very sparkly now. I surrounded her with a Parchment circle with some lace work. Layered that on to a die cut scalloped  circle and layered that onto a white base card stamped with circles.
Thanks for visiting
hugs adie