Google+ Followers

Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Colouring and Embossing on Watercolour Paper

I have lots of pads of watercolour paper so when I found a tutorial for embossing and painting on this paper I jumped at the challenge.
Using my new Poppy embossing folder I ran it through my Cuttlebug to get a nice deep emboss. I then ran my brayer over a Versamark ink pad and then lightly brayered over the embossed paper. This transferred the ink to the raised areas of the paper, I then poured some fine detail white embossing powder all over the card. Removed the excess and usung a dry brush carefully cleaned areas where ther was still some powder. I then heated the paper till the powder had melted.
I then sprayed the paper with water and began painting with my Perfect Pearls paints. some areas are diluted paint and others have paint straight from the bottle. I decided to limit this trial to one colour.
To finish it off I embossed the strip folder that come With the Poppy. Using the rest of the paper I cut 3 shapes 2 from Marianne Creatables and one from Spellbinders,layered them together after I outlined with a gel pen and used an Alphabet rub on.This is the finished card. I did have to use strong double sided tape to stick the watercolour paper down.
bye for now
hugs Adie

6 comments:

  1. I love what you have done... Stunning effect Adie! Makes me want to get out the watercolour paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... What a beautiful card and neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique Adie it looks really pretty. I love the flowers and the pink.... very girly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christina,it was fun to try
      hugs adie

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog.Thank you for taking the time to comment. I do enjoy reading your comments.
hugs adie